Partnering With Providers To Find Better Outcomes
Careforward Consulting represents a group of highly skilled, specially trained registered nurses, who help those with catastrophic injury related to auto accidents. These individuals and their families can be overwhelmed by the medical maze of treatment options. We help guide them through it. Careforward Consulting takes referrals only from care providers, attorneys, clergy and by word of mouth, so we are never compromised. We exist to help people get their lives back in the least burdensome way possible for all concerned.
If your patient has not been assigned a case manager and you think they need one, either you or the patient can contact us. Case management is a covered benefit under our auto policies in Michigan. The individual in need has the right to hire any case manager regardless of who is recommended to them. When choice matters most, Careforward Consulting is the company of choice.
Benefits to those in need:
- We keep track of all appointments and arrange transportation.
- We make ourselves available to create the best plan of care to preserve the dignity and worth of those in need.
- We attend all doctor appointments.
- We can provide resources and services tailored to the individual.
- We communicate needs to the doctor.
- We can appear in depositions/court if necessary to advocate for our client.
- We help the individual work with the insurance company and any legal support they may need.
- We form life-giving relationships with the individual and their families.
When you send us a referral:
- We will set up an appointment to meet them and their family and/or caregivers, usually in their home. They will be given information about us and meet the case manager assigned to them.
- We will interview them to see if we feel that case management is reasonable and necessary.
- If the client chooses to use our services, we will open the case and provide services.
If a client is referred and they have a lawyer:
- We contact the lawyer to introduce ourselves and become familiar with their legal case.
- Provide a duplicate copy of our monthly insurance company report to your office so you may stay informed of their progress.
- We maintain a positive relationship to ensure care is provided that is necessary for your client.
- We handle the day-to-day problems that occur so your office staff does not have to spend their time on the phone handling these issues.
- We attend IME appointments to clearly state the needs of the client and their past history.
- With our strong medical background we will advocate for our client’s needs.
- We can provide referrals for attendant care evaluations and home OT evaluations.
- We recommend providers that are also good client advocates. We use them as resources when deciding on our care plans for the client.
- We keep up to date with requesting appropriate order from the physicians to comply with “reasonable and necessary” requirements of the law.
For further questions, please call us at 844.237.7664 or fill out a contact form.